2019 Nursing Research Reviewer Opportunity!
- Do you have a research-focused doctorate?
- Have you received at least one externally-funded research grant in the last seven years?
- Have you reviewed research grant proposals or research-based manuscripts for journals?
- Are you looking to gain valuable experience in the grant review process?
If you answered "yes" to the above questions, consider applying to become a part of the American Nurses Foundation Nursing Research Review Program.
Reviewers assist the American Nurses Foundation by critiquing and scoring research proposals, and recommending allocation of funds to grantees. Reviewers serve three-year terms.
The two review committees are as follows:
Nursing Research Grant Reviewer (Round One)
Responsibilities: Commitment to Serve as a reviewer in Round One only for a period of 3 years (2019 - 2021) to critique and score Nursing Research Grant applications. You will be expected to participate in an online orientation in May. Round One review period is from June 1 - July 1.
Nursing Research Review Committee - "Primary Reviewer" - (Rounds One and Two)
Responsibilities: Commitment to Serve as Primary Reviewer in both Round One and Round Two for a period of 3 years (2019 - 2021) to critique and score participants. During Round 2, present applications as appropriate to the Primary Committee during a two day conference call: August 5 & 6, 2019 and August 3 & 4, 2020. You must be available and commit to participate on both days via conference call and you will be expected to participate in an online orientation in May.
To apply: Reviewer application accepted between December 1 and February 28.
Areas of Expertise needed:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chronic Diseases/ Symptoms
- Clinical / Hospital-based
- Complementary Therapies
- Health Disparities/ Cultural Issues
- Infectious Diseases
- Information Technology
- Opioid Issues
- Physiological Focus
- Professional Practice, including Nursing Shortage Issues and Nursing Education
- School Nurse Practice
For programmatic questions, please contact Elizabeth Franzino at email@example.com or by calling (301) 628-5305 (301) 628-5227.